Hello peeps, welcome back!
So, firstly, I’d like to thank the lovely Diamond who wrote the last post on Paraphernalia. I kinda had a lot on my mind and didn’t have time to make a post. Then Diamond offered to write a guest post for me, which made me extremely happy, even though I’d been down pretty much all week.
So, as I mentioned, I had a lot on my mind lately and I’d been feeling down – when something like that happens I always see the negatives in e v e r y t h i n g… which, of course, isn’t very good. I guess, when I’m down about one thing, I forget to notice the good things in life. I forget all the things that make me happy.
But things are okay, things are still good. I tried to focus on positive things (which is unusual for someone like me). I’d been feeling sorta unmotivated to do things I’d normally enjoy and I wanted to change that. So, I worked on trying to get back up from my “slump”. I prayed about it more and I confided in creation again. I also changed up my playlist a little (to be honest, it was probably wayyyy more than a little) and played a little less negative music. Oooo, and speaking of music, the last while has been made up of listening to Joy Invincible by Switchfoot, The World Is Ugly and The Light Behind Your Eyes both by My Chemical Romance, everything i wanted by Billie Eilish, Burned Out by dodie, The Hype – Berlin by Twenty One Pilots, Silhouettes by Of Monsters And Men and ice cold. by half•alive (plus loads more). All those songs are amazingggggg ❤
Anyways, there’s been so many things and people that made me feel so much better. It really was just the little things that meant so much. I think sometimes, especially when we’re feeling down, we forget to appreciate the things and people around us that make us happy and that’s what this post is all about. Yes, I’m doing the 10 Things That Make Me Happy tag, started by the wonderful Maya! This tag is simple yet so very awesome. All I have to do is list ten things and people that make me happy and honestly, it makes me happy just thinking about them. But first, before we get started
does anyone want to get out, I’d like to thank Weez, Clara, Kenechi and Megan for tagging me – love you girls so much ❤ ❤ ❤
And Now Da Rules…
- List 10 things that make you happy. (Linking to them, sharing pictures, writing poems about them, telling jokes, etc. are all encouraged but not required.)
- Tag 10 people who make you happy (and notify them of their tag).
…and there ya go. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in! The things that make me happy are:
Family And Friends
My fam and friends mean so, so much to me. I’m forever grateful for them. I admit, my siblings and I can fight quite a bit sometimes but overall, I don’t know what I’d do without them and they’re great fun to be around.
Guys, if I didn’t include music on the list something would be wrong with me! Music is my getaway car, my voice – it helped keep me here. Music makes everyday so much better. It inspires me.
I strive to stay creative all the time. It’s my goal. Whether through art, writing or whatever. Creativity is my therapy.
Seeing Others Happy
This definitely makes me happy. When I see people’s real smiles, when I see people making a positive difference, when people are enjoying themselves and laughing I just can’t help but join in.
How can snail mail not make someone’s day? I love receiving letters from penpal’s and reading their handwriting. But I also enjoy making the letters for my dear friends. It also feels so much more personal than texting.
The stars at night, the sun setting in the sky, the raging ocean at my feet, the magical forests – it’s all so much to take in. It’s beautiful. Being alone outside and close to nature makes me appreciate it so much
Give me art supplies and I will be happy. I don’t know how but honestly, getting new pens and such makes me on top of the world 🙂
Traveling down the road, music blaring in my ears and staring out the window just captivates me. It’s one of the best things ever – especially at night. I have so many memories of Dad driving down the road during the sunset with Switchfoot’s music accompanying us.
The Skeleton Clique
pc: Brad Heaton
but I’m really not, but you all almost certainly saw this coming. Being in the clique makes me super happy, it’s one big family. Attending my first and only TØP concert was probably the best night ever. I was amongst over thousands of Banditos and I wasn’t scared. As we sang, our voices were united. I can’t remember being any happier. (alright, now I’ll stop being dramatic).
So, so, so much more!
How can I list ten things when there’s just so much to appreciate? So, I’ll just list a few random things (heh heh, Sarah is breaking rules). Blogging, laughter, the air I breathe, my best friend’s writing which makes me cry all the time, beauty captured in the arts, deep songs, colours, positivity, second chances, love, film scores, my extroverted side that rarely appears, hats, stories, seeing my friends do well, overcoming my darkest days, the way I feel when I think I can fly, this tag, tears of joy and, peeps, that’s not the end but I really need to stop because this has got too long… oops.
And now comes the part when I’m supposed to list ten bloggers that make me happy. This is really hard to list just ten peeps because just about everyone I come across makes me happy. But I’ll give it a shot… here we go.
- Aditi. Ahh, what a sweet person to know. You, your blog and your comments all make me oh so very happy 🙂
- Clara. The fact you describe yourself as an aspiring photographer is just wrong – your photos are so professional and ahhh you’re SO good 😍
- Diamond. We may not have known each other for long, but you’re a really cool and fun person. You’ve been so nice to me. Plus the similarities between us are shocking 💜
- Gracie. You’re such a lovely and caring person, with an awesome taste in music. You’ve helped me so much and I think I’m finally making it out of my pessimism because of you. You always look on the bright side. Thanks for being my friend. Love ya sista xx
- Jewel. Your writing always leaves me speechless. And when I saw your photography I almost died because it was so good. Keep it up. You rock, gurl! 💛
- Jo. Ahhh, your blog is definitely one of my favourites. Every post is super relatable. You and your blog make me so happy. Plus you have a great sense of humour 🤣
- Jul. I’m so honored to know a lovely, talented and inspiring Bandito twinzie like you. Your comments and emails always make me smile, if not then I’ll be crying instead – they’re so moving. Also, you writing style is so descriptive and poetic and I fell in love with it from the first time I read your work. Sending hugs your way! xx
- Kenechi. You’re such a funny and friendly character in this community and that is why you make me so happy 😀
- Megan. Ahh, you’re such a ray of sunshine – always making me smile. I love getting your letters and chatting to you about music, mostly Switchfoot. Thanks for being my pen pal, being the first blogger I came across and making me obsessed with snail mail 💛
- Weez. Aw man, you are SO cool. I love your writing, plus your obsession with BNL (ohhh myyy goodness I just typed that and Odds Are started playing. Like, how ironic???). Thanks for introducing me to Navigate, because I’m addicted to it. Please keep blogging and writing, your work is out of this world 💖
…And there ya go! I listed ten peeps. I highly encourage you do this if you are tagged. Honestly, it’s such a great tag. We all need to stop and take a moment just to appreciate the random little things in life that make us so happy and make all the difference. So, with that, I’m signing off for now. What are a few of the things that make you happy in life? Do any of the things above make you happy? What have you been up to lately? Tell me in the comments. Have a lovely day, my friends!
*i’m finally free again by my own explosion* -Sarah xx
all photos from Unsplash, unless said otherwise.